Monday, July 23, 2007

AHAAH in the NY Times.

Jeff Tweedy of Wilco gives props to A Hawk and a Hacksaw in his "what I've been jamming" list for the New York times.

Online feature

A Hawk and a Hacksaw
I followed this band because Jeremy Barnes used to be in a band called Neutral Milk Hotel, and I loved their records. This group has made at least one or two other records. "A Hawk and a Hacksaw" (Leaf) was a collaboration with the Hun Hangár Ensemble. It has a cymbalon, which is like a piano played like a hammered dulcimer. I actually bought a cymbalon in Hamburg, Germany, on tour and had to find a way to ship it back home. It has a broken string, so we're still looking for someone who could repair it. I listen to a lot of folk music from around the world. I don't know the background of everyone in this group, but the music has a freshness to it. Just love that cymbalon, can't get enough of it.


AHAAH summer live dates:

07/27 Emmaboda, SWE @ Emmaboda Festival
07/29 Krems, AT @ Krems Festival
09/04 London, UK @ The Luminaire
09/05 London, UK @ The Luminaire

No comments: